Thursday, October 5, 2017

Guest Designer - Louise Hodge

Today we are welcoming a Guest Designer to Frilly and Funkie. Please say hello to Louise Hodge from Passion Creations who was the Design Team's favourite from the On The Cutting Edge challenge.


Hi my name is Louise and I am so very happy and honored to be a guest designer again at Frilly and Funkie. Crafting is my hobby and a true passion of mine, I don't really have a particular style as I love to create and try new things. I have wanted to try mixed media for the longest time and a few months ago I basically dove right in, a couple of online classes with Finnabair as well as new products (Gesso, inks, waxes, IOD molds, paper clay etc...) and now I'm totally hooked. Lately I've been creating notebooks, this challenge is Show Us Your Stamps, so this time I incorporated stamps to my project.


I used heavy chipboard, applied white Gesso some stenciling and used Distress Oxide for the color, antique Linen, Frayed Burlap and Iced spruce them randomly stamped with black archival ink. I also stamped a few images on kraft card stock with the same inks and technique as the background. Then comes the fun part, I used paper clay with IOD molds, flowers, coagulated cardboard, beads, metal trinkets, die cuts and applied white Gesso. For the final touch, I used inks and waxes and played around with all of it before getting the desired finish I was looking for.


Since I'm still new at this, when I was done I had so many different inks and waxes that I'm not sure of the final recipe, but the part I do love is you can't really go wrong, it's so much fun and addictive and I really like how it turned out. Thanks for having me as guest designer with such a creative team.

* * *
To get more details on how Louise altered her notebook, just go to her blog. You still have until Tuesday, October 10th at 11:55 pm EST to create a project for the current challenge Show Us Your Stamps, which can be found HERE.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful transformation of this notebook cover Louise! I love how the background stamping has really added interest and detail to the overall effect. Thank you for sharing with us here at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great makeover! Love the color range and your choice of collage elements. Your background work is stunning too! Thanks so much for being our guest. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous mixed media project, Louise! I love your elements and that stunning finish on them. Fabulous how you've incorporated stamping into your design! Thank you so much for being our guest and for your wonderful inspiration! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete