Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday StepXStep: Rolled Flowers

Happy weekend to all of our Frilly and Funkie readers, it is Teresa and I am sharing how to make rolled flowers.  You can use just about anything you can roll, it would be fun to use things you would not normally think of using.  I have used burlap and fabric for my card today. 
I took the piece of burlap and fold it over, I cut off the frayed edges.  You can cut it any length you want, the longer the burlap/fabric the larger your flower. 
 
I ran a stitching down the side, but you can use Scor-Tape to adhere the material too.  The Scor-Tape will make your fabric thicker, keep this in mind when deciding which way you will adhere.  I did not want my flower to be any thicker since the burlap is thick so I stitched it.
I used a Gluber dot to roll my burlap unto, twisting and tuning any way you want.  That is the beauty of making these flowers, you can't go wrong.  I have also used a small circled piece of card stock and glued as I went too.  I have not done that since the Glubers came out though, much easier! 
I prepare the base of my card; distressing and stitching.  I lay my card out on my work table and piece it all together, making changes as it comes together.
Again, here is everything before adhering down and still figuring out the placement of all my embellies...the fun and exciting part!
Here is a close up of the tiny fabric flowers, I used black seam binding for the leaves.  You can see all the shabby goodness in the flowers and ribbon.
 
Here is my completed card and all the awesome Funkie Junkie Boutique  items I used on my card.  Be sure to check out the items that are discounted even more this week, you can find them here.  I hope your weekend is full of creating time, don't forget to leave a little time for shopping!




11 comments:

  1. ...just beautiful Teresa thankyou for sharing...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it thanks for this tutorial
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super tutorial, Teresa! Love that technique and your card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rolled flowers are totally yummy, Teresa! And your card is sensational! Love that soft vintage look with the black and white and then that soft bit of neutral color that the burlap adds. You've got the wheels turning in my mind and now I want to riffle through my fabric box and start making rolled flowers. Super job on the StepXStep!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flowers Teresa, I've not come across Gloober dots before! You card is gorgeous too, I agree with Linda the natural with the black and white is perfect ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous flowers and just love your finished card. The seam binding makes great leaves. Thanks for the step x step.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Thanks for the tutorial, I'm going to try this. Your card is so beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are amazing!!!! This card is so elegant and classy and so full of verve!!! Outstanding tut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo pretty. I love the idea of using the burlap for the flowers..The pearls in the center really give it a great feminine punch. Love that image and stitching too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The burlap makes quite the lovely flower! Wonderful tutorial! Very pretty vintage feel to your card and what a sweet image! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a stunning card and I can't tell you how dainty and gorgeous you've made burlap. The addition of that black twine at the end made the card REALLY pop for me. It's beautiful. Thank you for the tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete